This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Commit: xfail rgn-at11 test for MIPS
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp at bitrange dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 08:09:37 +1030
- Subject: Re: Commit: xfail rgn-at11 test for MIPS
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87y4btde0c dot fsf at redhat dot com> <alpine dot BSF dot 2 dot 02 dot 1601140204110 dot 478 at arjuna dot pair dot com> <56976B78 dot 4090503 at redhat dot com>
On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 09:33:44AM +0000, Nick Clifton wrote:
> Hi Hans-Peter,
> >>+# Fails for RX because it ignores the LMA (for compatibility with Renesas tools)
> >>+# Fails for MIPS targets because the assembler pads all sections to a 16 byte
> >>+# boundary.
> >Nit: the descriptions make it sound like it should be a
> >"notarget" rather than an "xfail" for both targets.
> Although for the MIPS case the test could also be modified to use 16-byte
> alignment for the sections and then the test would pass. Leaving it as an
> XFAIL then might prompt some future maintainer to make this change...
Particularly since mipstx39-elf XPASSes the test.
Australia Development Lab, IBM