This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Release 2.26 - Next week ?
- From: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- To: Peter Bergner <bergner at vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 09:08:30 +0100
- Subject: Re: Release 2.26 - Next week ?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <C25FDD18-CD84-4630-9BCD-4B5E5CB057D6 at adacore dot com> <1452535895 dot 5201 dot 23 dot camel at vnet dot ibm dot com>
> On 11 Jan 2016, at 19:11, Peter Bergner <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 2016-01-08 at 17:40 +0100, Tristan Gingold wrote:
>> Iâd plan to create the 2.26 release next week.
>> If you have a very strong reason to delay it for a backport, please
>> tell that now.
> If there's time, I'd like to backport the small commit below.
> These insns were removed from ISA 3.0 at the last minute.
Iâm fine with that.
> commit afa8d4054b8e0b1384f2d07f1c15163c0699d660
> Author: Peter Bergner <email@example.com>
> Date: Mon Jan 11 11:54:58 2016 -0600
> Delete opcodes that have been removed from ISA 3.0.
> * ppc-opc.c <xscmpnedp>: Delete.
> <xvcmpnedp>: Likewise.
> <xvcmpnedp.>: Likewise.
> <xvcmpnesp>: Likewise.
> <xvcmpnesp.>: Likewise.
> * testsuite/gas/ppc/power9.d <xscmpnedp, xvcmpnedp, xvcmpnedp.,
> xvcmpnesp, xvcmpnesp.>: Delete tests.
> * testsuite/gas/ppc/power9.s: Likewise.
> * testsuite/gas/ppc/vsx3.d: Likewise.
> * testsuite/gas/ppc/vsx3.s: Likewise.