This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: MSP430 SIM: Add support for hardware multiply
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2016 10:53:22 +0000
- Subject: Re: MSP430 SIM: Add support for hardware multiply
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87zjislnam dot fsf at redhat dot com> <20151225002204 dot GQ25803 at vapier dot lan> <568BF2B6 dot 2090201 at redhat dot com> <20160105191641 dot GK25548 at vapier dot lan>
The second patch updates the testutils.inc file so that it will use the
LMA addresses of the strings in the .data section not the VMA addresses.
This makes the tests work, although it is a bit of a hack. A proper
solution would be to provide start-up code that copies the data from the
LMA address to the VMA address before the test proper runs, but this
seems like overkill to me.
you could update the test harness or the tests themselves to run the sim
with --load-vma if it'd make things easier
Ah - good idea. I will see about doing that in a future patch.