This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PUSHED] [PATCH] bfd/arc: Add R_ prefix to all relocation names
- From: Andrew Burgess <andrew dot burgess at embecosm dot com>
- To: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: Claudiu Zissulescu <Claudiu dot Zissulescu at synopsys dot com>, "Cupertino dot Miranda at synopsys dot com" <Cupertino dot Miranda at synopsys dot com>
- Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2016 14:21:01 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PUSHED] [PATCH] bfd/arc: Add R_ prefix to all relocation names
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <651fdce8368e0799c1d571e462c899b0fb2f06b4 dot 1452005776 dot git dot andrew dot burgess at embecosm dot com> <098ECE41A0A6114BB2A07F1EC238DE896616CBF3 at de02wembxa dot internal dot synopsys dot com>
* Claudiu Zissulescu <Claudiu.Zissulescu@synopsys.com> [2016-01-06 13:54:00 +0000]:
> This is ok from our side.
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Andrew Burgess [mailto:email@example.com]
> > Sent: Tuesday, January 05, 2016 3:57 PM
> > To: firstname.lastname@example.org
> > Cc: Claudiu.Zissulescu@synopsys.com; Cupertino.Miranda@synopsys.com;
> > Andrew Burgess
> > Subject: [PATCH] bfd/arc: Add R_ prefix to all relocation names
> > The convention within for relocation names is that they start with the string
> > "R_", however, this is not so for ARC for the display names of relocations,
> > however, internally, the names for the relocations types do have the 'R_'
> > prefix. I suspect that the missing 'R_' on the output strings was an oversight,
> > as I can't see any comment to the contrary.
> > To bring ARC into line with other targets, this commit adds the 'R_'
> > prefix to the output strings used for relocation names, and updates all of the
> > assembler tests where this was exposed.
> > bfd/ChangeLog:
> > * elf32-arc.c (reloc_type_to_name): Change ARC_RELOC_HOWTO to
> > place 'R_' before the reloc name returned.
> > (elf_arc_howto_table): Change ARC_RELOC_HOWTO to place 'R_'
> > before
> > the relocation string.
I've pushed this as an obvious fix now that Claudiu has given