This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] nm: basic symbol type support for SysV-style symbol table dumping
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Jan Beulich <JBeulich at suse dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 20:51:48 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] nm: basic symbol type support for SysV-style symbol table dumping
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5665B25702000078000BCB47 at prv-mh dot provo dot novell dot com> <5666AE6502000078000BD0DE at prv-mh dot provo dot novell dot com> <566AC7CE dot 3060605 at redhat dot com> <566ADBB902000078000BEA98 at prv-mh dot provo dot novell dot com>
2015-12-07 Jan Beulich <email@example.com>
* nm.c: Include coff/external.h, coff/internal.h, and
(struct extended_symbol_info): New field "coffinfo".
(get_symbol_type): Rename to get_elf_symbol_type.
(print_symbol): Also init info.coffinfo.
(print_symbol_info_sysv): Print type and section name also for
Please could you add a binutils test for this new feature ? Approved
with that change.
Well, the same applies here as mentioned in "bfd: don't produce
corrupt COFF symbol table due to long ELF file name symbols": I
would have liked to, but since the case of interest to me (and
hence the case that should primarily not break) is not on COFF
targets or against COFF objects, but for EFI binaries (linked from
ELF objects), I have no real clue how I would properly gate such
a test, nor would I then routinely run it and possible notice issues.
OK, in which case please apply the patch and I will see if I can come up
with a way to produce a test.