This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [AArch64] Let aliased instructions be their preferred form.
- From: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- To: Matthew Wahab <matthew dot wahab at foss dot arm dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 09:41:57 +0100
- Subject: Re: [AArch64] Let aliased instructions be their preferred form.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5654436F dot 90309 at foss dot arm dot com> <5669987A dot 1050606 at foss dot arm dot com>
> On 10 Dec 2015, at 16:21, Matthew Wahab <email@example.com> wrote:
> Committed: https://sourceware.org/ml/binutils-cvs/2015-11/msg00164.html
> Is this ok for the 2.26 branch?
> On 24/11/15 11:01, Matthew Wahab wrote:
>> Although the AArch64 backend supports aliased instructions, the aliasing
>> forms are always preferred over the real instruction. This makes it
>> awkward to handle instructions which have aliases but which are their
>> own preferred form.
>> This patch includes the instruction being aliased in the list of
>> alternatives which is searched when considering which form to use.
>> Tested for aarch64-none-linux-gnu with cross-compiled check-binutils and
>> Ok for trunk?
>> 2015-11-24 Matthew Wahab <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>> * aarch64-asm-2.c: Regenerate.
>> * aarch64-dis-2.c: Regenerate.
>> * aarch64-dis.c: Weaken assert.
>> * aarch64-gen.c: Include the instruction in the list of its
>> possible aliases.