This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [AArch64][PATCH 2/3] Adjust a utility function for floating point values.
- From: Matthew Wahab <matthew dot wahab at foss dot arm dot com>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org, Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 15:25:56 +0000
- Subject: Re: [AArch64][PATCH 2/3] Adjust a utility function for floating point values.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56544EB9 dot 9000909 at foss dot arm dot com> <56544F7F dot 40901 at foss dot arm dot com>
Is this ok for the 2.26 branch?
On 24/11/15 11:52, Matthew Wahab wrote:
ARMv8.2 adds 16-bit floating point operations as an optional
extension. This patch adjusts the utility function expand_fp_imm to
support 16-bit values.
The function is intended to convert an 8-bit immediate representing a
floating point value to a representation that can be passed to
fprintf. Because of the limited use of the results, the only made to the
function is to treat a request for a 16-bit float as a request for a
Tested the series for aarch64-none-linux gnu with cross-compiled
check-binutils and check-gas.
Ok for trunk?
2015-11-24 Matthew Wahab <email@example.com>
* aarch64-opc.c (half_conv_t): New.
(expand_fp_imm): Replace is_dp flag with the parameter size to
specify the number of bytes for the required expansion. Treat
a 16-bit expansion like a 32-bit expansion. Add check for an
unsupported size request. Update comment.
(aarch64_print_operand): Update to support 16-bit floating point
values. Update for changes to expand_fp_imm.