This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [AArch64][PATCH 1/2] Add support for RAS instruction ESB.
- From: Matthew Wahab <matthew dot wahab at foss dot arm dot com>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2015 17:22:57 +0000
- Subject: Re: [AArch64][PATCH 1/2] Add support for RAS instruction ESB.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <566710F1 dot 9080901 at foss dot arm dot com>
On 08/12/15 17:18, Matthew Wahab wrote:
The ARMv8.2 RAS extension adds a new barrier instruction ESB as an alias and the
preferred form of HINT 16.
This patch adds an architectural feature flag for the RAS extension and includes
it in the features selected enabled by -march=armv8.2-a. It also adds the ESB
instruction, making it available whenever the RAS feature is enabled.
I forgot to say that this patch depends on the ARMv8.1/ARMv8.2 feature flag clean up