This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [12/16][binutils][AARCH64]Add relocation support for large memory model. [BFD]Create GOT section for TLSLE_MOVW_TPREL_G(1, 1_NC, 2).
- From: Jiong Wang <jiong dot wang at foss dot arm dot com>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2015 15:19:54 +0000
- Subject: Re: [12/16][binutils][AARCH64]Add relocation support for large memory model. [BFD]Create GOT section for TLSLE_MOVW_TPREL_G(1, 1_NC, 2).
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55EF2231 dot 1060805 at arm dot com> <5660504D dot 5060604 at foss dot arm dot com> <566056AC dot 6020405 at arm dot com> <56605846 dot 6090407 at foss dot arm dot com>
On 03/12/15 14:57, Jiong Wang wrote:
On 03/12/15 14:50, Renlin Li wrote:
On 03/12/15 14:23, Jiong Wang wrote:
On 08/09/15 19:00, Renlin Li wrote:
This patch fixes a bug, got section is not generated for
LD regression test Okay. Okay to commit?
2015-09-08 Renlin Li <email@example.com>
* elfnn-aarch64.c (elfNN_aarch64_check_relocs): Create GOT section
for TLSLE_MOVW_TPREL_G(1, 1_NC, 2) relocation.
This looks wrong to me, and will cause inconsistent inside AArch64
All TLS Local Executable relocation types don't need any GOT entry,
we shouldn't listed them here.
Yes, you are right. I am wrong there.
Looks like this patch was trying to fix the following two testcase
The correct fix is to add "-shared" to the test option, then the
symbol _GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_ will be defined, always.
-shared could make the test cases pass, but is it required? The test
case itself should be legal even without "-shared".
For that two particular testcases, the most important thing is to make
sure the tls relaxations are tested, either "-shared" or not doesn't
Oh, for these GD->LE testcases, shouldn't be shared, otherwise the
relaxation will not happen.
As you have referenced _GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_, you need to specify
-shared, or you can just remove the reference, they are not related