This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: update zlib to 1.2.8
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Matthias Klose <doko at ubuntu dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, GCJ-patches <java-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 10:33:12 -0700
- Subject: Re: update zlib to 1.2.8
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <565297F7 dot 5070004 at ubuntu dot com>
On 11/22/2015 09:37 PM, Matthias Klose wrote:
OK, though it's really late for this. My biggest worry here given GCJ's
status is build failures on the lesser used hosts. If it causes
significant problems we'll have to revert.
In GCC zlib is only used for libjava; for binutils and gdb it is used
when building without --with-system-zlib. This just updates zlib from
1.2.7 to 1.2.8 (released in 2013). Applies cleanly, libjava still
builds and doesn't show any regressions in the testsuite. Ok to apply
(even if we already are in stage3)?
+2015-11-23 Matthias Klose <firstname.lastname@example.org>
+ * Imported zlib 1.2.8; merged local changes.