This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PATCH: fix sleb128 for 64 vs 32 host
- From: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- To: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 10:32:14 +0100
- Subject: Re: PATCH: fix sleb128 for 64 vs 32 host
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <A573E53B-442B-447C-B654-C0AFE4B96E8F at adacore dot com> <20151119050814 dot GL8120 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
> On 19 Nov 2015, at 06:08, Alan Modra <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 12:44:48PM +0100, Tristan Gingold wrote:
>> Is it really worth stripping leading digits in output_big_?leb128 ?
> Yes, I think we must do that..
>> The only operation performed on bignum is the negation.
> ..due to this operation (and bitwise not) leaving leading sign bits.
1) Do you agree the initial case is a bug ?
2) If so, do you think it is worth fixing it ?
3) If so, how ?
Should we keep a sign bit and not extending the bignum for â-â and â~â ?