This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [GOLD] PowerPC TOC16 and GOT16 relocs are relative
- From: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at gmail dot com>
- To: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 23:17:46 -0800
- Subject: Re: [GOLD] PowerPC TOC16 and GOT16 relocs are relative
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20151119063818 dot GP8120 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
> A pasto from x86_64, probably. BTW, looks to me like RELATIVE_REF
> is write-only.
Yes, we only check for ABSOLUTE_REF or TLS_REF. RELATIVE_REF is just
there for completeness. It's not beyond imagination that the flag
might be useful at some point, though. I suppose symbol.h could use a
comment to the effect that those three bits are mutually exclusive.