This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PATCH: fix sleb128 for 64 vs 32 host
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 15:38:14 +1030
- Subject: Re: PATCH: fix sleb128 for 64 vs 32 host
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <A573E53B-442B-447C-B654-C0AFE4B96E8F at adacore dot com>
On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 12:44:48PM +0100, Tristan Gingold wrote:
> Is it really worth stripping leading digits in output_big_?leb128 ?
Yes, I think we must do that..
> The only operation performed on bignum is the negation.
..due to this operation (and bitwise not) leaving leading sign bits.
Australia Development Lab, IBM