This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Patch: Support toc relative access to dynamic symbols from static code.
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Kyle Butt <iteratee at google dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 13:37:51 +1030
- Subject: Re: Patch: Support toc relative access to dynamic symbols from static code.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CABeP02DtWknob5nb8k7x+NVNUnOGpCKPcmA+4HCSkgDhYYR+CA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 04:52:41PM -0800, Kyle Butt wrote:
> This patch allows TOC16_* relocations to reference external global
> symbols. Previously llvm was not emitting such accesses, but they are
> allowed by the abi.
Huh? The patch does nothing, besides making the source ugly.
Australia Development Lab, IBM