This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [LD, ARM] Fix in STM32L4XX patch
- From: Christophe Lyon <christophe dot lyon at linaro dot org>
- To: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 20:29:07 +0100
- Subject: Re: [LD, ARM] Fix in STM32L4XX patch
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAKdteOZrsbAyoB8GbOUvDfQ1t45D+U02fBdvDmpVnDpyPLJbUQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <564B120B dot 4060505 at redhat dot com>
On 17 November 2015 at 12:39, Nick Clifton <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Hi Christophe,
>> The attached small patch fixes that by forcing %ld and casting the
>> value to (long), as it seems to be standard practice elsewhere in the
>> binutils, although not very clean.
> Thanks - I have now applied the patch. (Sorry about the delay in
>> Nick, don't you see this error?
> Strangely no. I do build a 32-bit only version of the toolchain, but the
> problem did not show up. Strange.
Indeed, I tried to reproduce the configuration in which you saw a problem
with a cast in the STM32L4XX patch.