This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: VMA format in linker map file on 64-bit host for 32-bit target.
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Sergey Organov <sorganov at gmail dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 11:44:09 +0000
- Subject: Re: VMA format in linker map file on 64-bit host for 32-bit target.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <n2cire$brs$1 at ger dot gmane dot org>
I've build binutils-2.25.1 on x86_64 for --target=sparc-elf, and in the
map file for the target linker prints all the VMA addresses as 64-bit
(16-chars hexadecimals), that is inconvenient. Is there any configure or
invocation switch that controls this, or the only way is to build
binutils on 32-bit host?
Sorry - the size of the VMA printing is controlled by the size of the
host. Have you tried this:
CC="gcc -m32" CXX="g++ -m32" ABI="32" setarch i686 \