This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Release 0.26: branching
- From: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- To: Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org>
- Cc: Matthias Klose <doko at ubuntu dot com>, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 12:14:22 +0100
- Subject: Re: Release 0.26: branching
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CE8D8950-0957-43A2-AD8B-448FB84C0B65 at adacore dot com> <5645B354 dot 8040909 at ubuntu dot com> <20151114012904 dot GQ5154 at vapier dot lan>
> On 14 Nov 2015, at 02:29, Mike Frysinger <email@example.com> wrote:
> i wouldn't mind every 6 months myself. then release slippage isn't as big a
> deal. i think the fact that there is only one release a yes is what pushes
> people to try and get their feature in, even if the quality is subpar. if
> they don't, then it'll be over a year before users see the results.
I fear the problem would simply happen twice per year :-(
We already have two releases per year: a major and a minor.
Do you suggest having 4 releases per year, or only two major ones ?