This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Unable to clone git repo thought https
- From: mickael guene <mickael dot guene at st dot com>
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at linux-m68k dot org>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 07:47:20 +0100
- Subject: Re: Unable to clone git repo thought https
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <564597DB dot 4090301 at st dot com> <8761166v02 dot fsf at igel dot home>
First thanks for trying.
I'm behind a firewall so I must clone over https.
I have a colleague who is not behind the proxy and so
can do further tests :
- he also gets errors when using https. Note that the idx files are
not the same between different tries and that speed is very low.
- he is able to clone with git protocol, but clone is very very slow.
Regarding those results we were wondering if the problem with https is
that we got timeouts ?
It seems sourceware.org server or network connection has some troubles ?
Thanks for your help
On 11/13/2015 11:42 AM, Andreas Schwab wrote:
mickael guene <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
error: Unable to get pack index
I was able to access that URL right now (and also the associated pack
file), so this may have been a temporary problem, or some issue on your
Note that when cloning over https you are using the dumb transport. Use
of the git:// protocol is preferable if possible.