This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [LD, ARM] Fix in STM32L4XX patch
- From: Christophe Lyon <christophe dot lyon at linaro dot org>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org, nick clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2015 17:26:25 +0100
- Subject: Re: [LD, ARM] Fix in STM32L4XX patch
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAKdteOZrsbAyoB8GbOUvDfQ1t45D+U02fBdvDmpVnDpyPLJbUQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 6 November 2015 at 16:51, Christophe Lyon <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> While running the linker tests on a 32-bits i686 host with
> enable-64-bit-bfd=yes, I noticed that a test of the STM32L4XX patch
> was failing.
> This is because it expects a message containing an out-of-range
> offset, and does not print the right value: the print format contains
> %d while the value is of type long long.
> The attached small patch fixes that by forcing %ld and casting the
> value to (long), as it seems to be standard practice elsewhere in the
> binutils, although not very clean.
> Nick, don't you see this error?