This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [Patch Gas AArch64] Add support for Cortex-A35
- From: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at gmail dot com>
- To: James Greenhalgh <james dot greenhalgh at arm dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Richard Earnshaw <richard dot earnshaw at arm dot com>, Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at arm dot com>
- Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 12:05:17 +0000
- Subject: Re: [Patch Gas AArch64] Add support for Cortex-A35
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1447258047-10763-1-git-send-email-james dot greenhalgh at arm dot com>
On 11 November 2015 at 16:07, James Greenhalgh <email@example.com> wrote:
> This patch adds support to the AArch64 back-end for the Cortex-A35
> processor, as recently announced by ARM. The ARM Cortex-A35 provides
> full support for the ARMv8-A architecture, including the CRC extension,
> with optional Advanced-SIMD and Floating-Point support. We therefore set
> feature flags for this CPU to AARCH64_ARCH_V8 and AARCH64_FEATURE_CRC, in
> the same fashion as Cortex-A53 and Cortex-A57.
> Tested in a cross environment for AArch64 with no issues.
> OK? If so, please apply it on my behalf as I don't have write permissions
> over here.
> 2015-11-11 James Greenhalgh <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * config/tc-aarch64.c (aarch64_cpus): Add cortex-a35.
> * doc/c-aarch64.texi (-mcpu=): Likewise.