This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Release 0.26: branching
- From: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- To: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 17:27:32 +0100
- Subject: Release 0.26: branching
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
there was a lot of work on binutils recently (nice!).
Previously, I tried to find a period of calm to create
a release branch, but I wasnât able to this year.
So, how to process ? Is it reasonable to ask developers to
be quiet ? From my experience, it doesnât work very well
because we all want to push our new features in the next
release, so instead of being quiet developers hurry up.
I could also create a branch from a past point, but all
the bug fixes wonât be in the new release, so there would
be additional backport work.
So, this is just a call for avoiding submitting new
features, just to aim at a new release.