This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] 'add symbol' feature in objcopy
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Ronald Hoogenboom <hoogenboom30 at zonnet dot nl>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2015 14:37:08 +1030
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] 'add symbol' feature in objcopy
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <561D4796 dot 2080400 at atom dot grundel>
On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 08:04:06PM +0200, Ronald Hoogenboom wrote:
> The attached patch does just that. It adds the --add-symbol option (can be used multiple times) that
> allows to add a new symbol to the end of the symbol table with an arbitrary absolute value.
The patch looks reasonable to me but needs some formatting to comply
with our coding guidelines. See
Do you have a copyright assignment for binutils? If not, I think this
is a large enough patch that we need one from you.
Australia Development Lab, IBM