This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] 'add symbol' feature in objcopy
- From: Qian Hong <fracting at gmail dot com>
- To: Ronald Hoogenboom <hoogenboom30 at zonnet dot nl>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2015 06:21:37 +0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] 'add symbol' feature in objcopy
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <561D4796 dot 2080400 at atom dot grundel> <CALd+sZQZtJWcgc_U7ofBn2ezq4SToOQ=F+016_--pgA0LbKnSg at mail dot gmail dot com> <5639305F dot 8030406 at atom dot grundel>
- Reply-to: fracting at gmail dot com
On Wed, Nov 4, 2015 at 6:08 AM, Ronald Hoogenboom
> Apparently, the strndup function is not 'portable' enough for mingw-w64.
> There seems to be a xstrndup function in libiberty that could be used
> instead. I'm sorry I don't have all the possible compilers handy to verify
> all possible targets, but this should do.
The patch applies fail for me, after manually fix apply failure, I can
build objcopy.exe sucessfully now, thank you!
The --add-symbol feature is one I was looking for, thanks for the work!