This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] MIPS support for --hash-style=gnu
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: "Neil Schellenberger (neschell)" <neschell at cisco dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2015 11:09:16 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] MIPS support for --hash-style=gnu
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <b49cd7d6b04d41749d56d557879ad4a6 at XCH-RCD-006 dot cisco dot com>
The patch is relative to binutils-2_24 (which is where I'll ultimately need it) but is equally applicable to trunk. (The glibc patch is relative to a lightly customized 2.16 but again is equally applicable to trunk.) As this is my first attempt at a patch for the linker, I've omitted the ChangeLog and test cases for the moment, pending feedback. Technical and procedural criticism is gratefully welcomed. I should very much like to thank the many who have taken the time to post on these and related subjects over the years -- I would have found even this modest attempt very difficult without the historical context. Particular thanks are due to Michael Meeks, Jakub Jelinek, Richard Sandiford, and Hiroki Kaminaga. Errors in comprehension and judgement are entirely my own.
The patch is fine, and I would be happy to apply it. But I need to
check one thing first - do you have an FSF binutils copyright assignment
on file ? Copyright assignments for various other employees at Cisco
are currently on file, but I could not find your name.
PS. Sorry for taking so long to review the patch. I was hoping that
one of the MIPS maintainers would like it over.