This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Bug in STM32L4XX patch
- From: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- To: Laurent Alfonsi <laurent dot alfonsi at st dot com>
- Cc: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>, Christophe MONAT <christophe dot monat at st dot com>, "binutils\ at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 17:02:46 +0100
- Subject: Re: Bug in STM32L4XX patch
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87d1vzxdz2 dot fsf at redhat dot com> <56323ED5 dot 7020609 at st dot com>
Laurent Alfonsi <email@example.com> writes:
> However, I don't understand why the "void*" has a different type size
> than bfd_vma (eq. "unsigned long"). I thought these types had the same
> size on both 32-bit and 64-bit hosts.
bfd_vma can be wider than a pointer on a 32-bit host with
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, firstname.lastname@example.org
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE 1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7
"And now for something completely different."