This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
RE: [Patch] MIPS FDE deletion
- From: "Moore, Catherine" <Catherine_Moore at mentor dot com>
- To: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: "rdsandiford at googlemail dot com" <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>, "nickc at redhat dot com" <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 13:42:04 +0000
- Subject: RE: [Patch] MIPS FDE deletion
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <FD3DCEAC5B03E9408544A1E416F112420192CBD1CF at NA-MBX-04 dot mgc dot mentorg dot com>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Moore, Catherine
> Sent: Friday, October 16, 2015 4:17 PM
> To: firstname.lastname@example.org
> Cc: email@example.com; Moore, Catherine
> Subject: [Patch] MIPS FDE deletion
> MIPS16 call stubs now have .cfi directives. If the linker decides that one of
> these call stubs is not required, it will emit incorrect frame info. This patch
> suppresses the generation of the frame info by setting the output section of
> the stub to ABS.
> OK to install?