This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Pass noaliases_p to aarch64_decode_insn
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 13:09:53 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Pass noaliases_p to aarch64_decode_insn
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1445963742-12114-1-git-send-email-yao dot qi at linaro dot org>
Nowadays aarch64_decode_insn is a public interface used by both
opcodes and gdb.
This is a bit worrying, given that the interface is undocumented. Plus
now we are changing it without updating any kind of version information.
Not good, but not your fault either.
This patch adds a new argument in aarch64_decode_insn, and pass no_aliases
to it. In GDB side, always pass 1 to it. Is it OK?
-aarch64_decode_insn (aarch64_insn, aarch64_inst *);
+aarch64_decode_insn (aarch64_insn, aarch64_inst *, int);
I think that it would be better if the new parameter was a bfd_boolean
rather than an int. The patch is approved with this change.