This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: MinGW ld from msys2 crashes on Wine when linking MinGW xz, valgrind reports "Invalid read of size 4"
- From: Qian Hong <fracting at gmail dot com>
- To: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 01:59:54 +0800
- Subject: Re: MinGW ld from msys2 crashes on Wine when linking MinGW xz, valgrind reports "Invalid read of size 4"
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CALd+sZQ+hUKLTP=PUbHUbBZur6m=MPOrB9Un0puyv6EmDVRfEg at mail dot gmail dot com> <562E6105 dot 4030103 at redhat dot com>
- Reply-to: fracting at gmail dot com
Thank you very much for your reply!
On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 1:21 AM, Nick Clifton <email@example.com> wrote:
> Please could you check to see that this problem still happens with the
> current mainline binutils development sources. If it does, then please
> could you file a bug report here:
> If you could include a small test case that reproduces the problem then that
> would really help. If you cannot create a small test case, but you do have
> a large test case then posting that, or else making it available for
> download, would still help a lot.
I just retested with the same ld version (2.25.1) with a updated Wine
version (wine-1.7.53-859-g6ec39dd (Staging)) as well as updated msys2
version ( MINGW32_NT-5.1 2.3.0(0.290/5/3) 2015-10-20 10:21 i686 Msys
), I can confirm it still crashes in the same way.
I'm glad to test the development version, it would take me some time
to build binutils itself. I'll report a bug later when I successfully
reproduce it with newer binutils.
I can't reproduce it with small test case right now, I'll start from
the large test case and investigate further, if there is any hints how
to create a small test case from large test case that would be great