This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: MinGW ld from msys2 crashes on Wine when linking MinGW xz, valgrind reports "Invalid read of size 4"
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: fracting at gmail dot com
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 17:21:09 +0000
- Subject: Re: MinGW ld from msys2 crashes on Wine when linking MinGW xz, valgrind reports "Invalid read of size 4"
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CALd+sZQ+hUKLTP=PUbHUbBZur6m=MPOrB9Un0puyv6EmDVRfEg at mail dot gmail dot com>
However, when building the MinGW xz packages, I recently found a
crashing in ld.exe
Please could you check to see that this problem still happens with the
current mainline binutils development sources. If it does, then please
could you file a bug report here:
If you could include a small test case that reproduces the problem then
that would really help. If you cannot create a small test case, but you
do have a large test case then posting that, or else making it available
for download, would still help a lot.