This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [RFC PATCH 1/4] [BFD][LD] Fix linker error when using NT weak externals
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Octavian Purdila <octavian dot purdila at intel dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 17:09:14 +1030
- Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH 1/4] [BFD][LD] Fix linker error when using NT weak externals
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1445530220-4412-1-git-send-email-octavian dot purdila at intel dot com> <1445530220-4412-2-git-send-email-octavian dot purdila at intel dot com>
On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 07:10:17PM +0300, Octavian Purdila wrote:
> *In PE COFF case defined weak symbols are implemented as weak
> externals which requires them to be seen as undefined (weak) symbols.
Which is what you will need to fix, somehow. You cannot change the
generic linker behaviour to suit some target weirdness.
Australia Development Lab, IBM