This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PPC64 GOT alignment trouble
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Andrew Stubbs <ams at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 21:30:56 +1030
- Subject: Re: PPC64 GOT alignment trouble
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <561F7683 dot 7070304 at codesourcery dot com> <561F8E92 dot 2060002 at codesourcery dot com> <20151015142143 dot GC13961 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <5621240F dot 9010901 at codesourcery dot com> <20151018015103 dot GF13961 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <5624B695 dot 8090909 at codesourcery dot com>
On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 10:23:33AM +0100, Andrew Stubbs wrote:
> On 18/10/15 02:51, Alan Modra wrote:
> >So I applied the patch and ran the testsuite on powerpc64-linux.
> >Turns out I was correct to suspect the warning would trigger when it
> >shouldn't. These new failures appeared:
> Huh? I ran those tests and they pass!
> Just to be sure, I've just rebuilt and re-run, twice, and they still pass.
I was testing natively, but I see a whole lot of errors on an
x86_64-linux to powerpc64-linux cross too, configured using
/src/binutils-gdb/configure --build=x86_64-linux \
--target=powerpc64-linux --disable-nls --enable-plugins \
--disable-gdb --disable-sim --disable-readline --disable-libdecnumber
Australia Development Lab, IBM