This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PPC64 GOT alignment trouble
- From: Andrew Stubbs <ams at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 10:23:33 +0100
- Subject: Re: PPC64 GOT alignment trouble
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <561F7683 dot 7070304 at codesourcery dot com> <561F8E92 dot 2060002 at codesourcery dot com> <20151015142143 dot GC13961 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <5621240F dot 9010901 at codesourcery dot com> <20151018015103 dot GF13961 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
On 18/10/15 02:51, Alan Modra wrote:
So I applied the patch and ran the testsuite on powerpc64-linux.
Turns out I was correct to suspect the warning would trigger when it
shouldn't. These new failures appeared:
Huh? I ran those tests and they pass!
Just to be sure, I've just rebuilt and re-run, twice, and they still pass.
If I monkey with a linker script, and try to build "hello world" I get
the warning, so the code is there.... I'm confused.
I built a cross toolchain for --target=powerpc-linux-gnu and ran the ld
testsuite for both the default and -m64 multilibs.