This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Add a versioned field to elf_link_hash_entry
- From: Andreas Krebbel <krebbel at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 13:55:19 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add a versioned field to elf_link_hash_entry
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150807123625 dot GA20881 at gmail dot com> <20150810025646 dot GE26017 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <CAMe9rOo7k+UUCdB6NTQYQ6yHfxy3a=xS0a9MMNCaFRC-Y6Gq=A at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 08/10/2015 04:58 PM, H.J. Lu wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 9, 2015 at 7:56 PM, Alan Modra <email@example.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Aug 07, 2015 at 05:36:25AM -0700, H.J. Lu wrote:
>>> + /* Symbol version information:
>>> + 0: unknown
>>> + 1: unversioned
>>> + 2: versioned
>>> + */
>>> + unsigned int versioned : 2;
>>> /* Symbol should be marked as hidden in the version information. */
>>> unsigned int hidden : 1;
>> Seems to me it would be better to use an enum, and ENUM_BITFIELD.
>> Also, I believe "hidden" could be merged into the new field, giving it
>> four states: unknown, unversioned, versioned, versioned_hidden.
> This is what I checked in.
This seem to have triggered: