This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [MSP430-elf] Linking issue
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- To: Orlando Arias <orlandoarias at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 17:55:08 -0400
- Subject: Re: [MSP430-elf] Linking issue
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5609A3E7 dot 2030903 at gmail dot com> <201509282104 dot t8SL4jvx024017 at greed dot delorie dot com> <5609B066 dot 9080901 at gmail dot com>
> Passed the option to LD, attached is the output. You are indeed correct
> that collect2 is receiving the linker script twice:
You'll have to grep through the spec files to find the --script=
entries and try to trace through them. You have a couple other things
duplicated as well. Might be a side-effect of the %rename. I don't
see an obvious bug there though, and I don't know if gcc has a spec
At least you know why it's being redefined now, though :-)
> I am not even sure why the linker is receiving the mmcu parameter twice.
Because your Makefile has LDFLAGS += $(LDFLAGS)... which adds the
first LDFLAGS to itself. += means "append" so you don't need to
specify the previous value as well.