This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] add a configure option for using RELRO by default
- From: Romain Geissler <romain dot geissler at amadeus dot com>
- To: Romain Geissler <romain dot geissler at amadeus dot com>
- Cc: <binutils at sourceware dot org>, <danielmicay at gmail dot com>
- Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 21:52:40 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] add a configure option for using RELRO by default
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot LNX dot 2 dot 10 dot 1509191709291 dot 15470 at ncegcolnx273 dot nce dot amadeus dot net>
On Sat, 19 Sep 2015, Romain Geissler wrote:
> Daniel Micay originally submitted a patch here
> https://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2015-01/msg00165.html to allow distro
> maintainers to enable relro by default when building binutils. However
> that patch never made it into the repo, since gold patch was missing. I
> have just finished the work made by him by changing gold as well.
> Tested without regression both with and without the --enable-default-relro
> flag on a SLES 11 SP1 x64, for both ld and gold.
> Ok for the trunk ?