This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Relative DT_RPATH/DT_RUNPATH vs. sysroot capable ld.
- From: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp at bitrange dot com>
- To: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2015 16:16:19 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Relative DT_RPATH/DT_RUNPATH vs. sysroot capable ld.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150924133754 dot GA12440 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <alpine dot BSF dot 2 dot 02 dot 1509241358230 dot 23964 at arjuna dot pair dot com> <20150924222114 dot GB30530 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
On Fri, 25 Sep 2015, Alan Modra wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 02:04:13PM -0400, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:
> > On Thu, 24 Sep 2015, Alan Modra wrote:
> > > PR ld/18992
> > > * ldmain.c (main): Always enable --sysroot.
> > I though this would break some case in
> > testsuite/ld-scripts/sysroot-prefix.exp but apparently not.
> > (I re-checked with --with-sysroot=/tmp/somewherenotfound
> > toolchains.)
> > Still, it could do with some adjustment: parts of the table can
> > be folded now that there's no "non-sysroot" (it's now the same
> > as sysroot == "/" IIUC).
> Yes, I noticed that too. I was hoping someone else would take care of
> adjusting the sysroot tests. I think you know who I'm looking at. :)
> Preapproved. Actually, you probably ought to be reviewing my
> testsuite changes rather than the other way around. If you'd like to
> be listed as a testsuite maintainer, you have my vote.
I walked right into that one, didn't I...
...I mean, I'm honored. :)