This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [committed, PATCH] Properly convert objects between different ELF classes
- From: Andrew Stubbs <ams at codesourcery dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2015 14:11:51 +0100
- Subject: Re: [committed, PATCH] Properly convert objects between different ELF classes
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150710214315 dot GA17734 at intel dot com> <56041251 dot 6060203 at codesourcery dot com> <20150924234421 dot GA31493 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <56053B8A dot 6010605 at codesourcery dot com> <CAMe9rOphME65qdhGC3wr6peV41hArLtd5_SkfkpSUeOxRWPFLw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 25/09/15 13:56, H.J. Lu wrote:
+# Section copies should copy more data than there is in the input
^^^^^^^^^ What do you mean by "should"?
+# (i.e. read past end of buffer)
+# We can't test this directly without valgrind, but --reverse-bytes
+# ought to use the same value.
There's a missing "not". I'll fix that and the changelog before I commit.
2, You added a new testcase. But you didn't check if the output
from objcopy is correct.
It checks that the error message occurs. There shouldn't be any output.