This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: ppc64 and @tocbase
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Sebastian Huber <sebastian dot huber at embedded-brains dot de>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 18:53:00 +0930
- Subject: Re: ppc64 and @tocbase
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56010D20 dot 1050206 at embedded-brains dot de>
On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 10:11:12AM +0200, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> powerpc-rtems4.12-gcc -m64 -O2 -c test.c -save-temps ; cat test.s
> test.s: Assembler messages:
> test.s:9: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `@'
This one is because your assembler is in 32-bit mode.
> test.s:14: Error: symbol `f' is already defined
Not sure exactly what's going on here, but check DEFAULT_ABI. My
guess is that it isn't ABI_AIX or ABI_ELFv2, in which case you're
trying to build a seriously bit-rotted 64-bit ABI_V4 compiler.
Australia Development Lab, IBM