This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Add --no-dynamic-linker option to ld, for static PIE use
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Rich Felker <dalias at libc dot org>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2015 15:55:49 +0930
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add --no-dynamic-linker option to ld, for static PIE use
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150830221841 dot GS7833 at brightrain dot aerifal dot cx> <20150904001741 dot GX24814 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <20150917020714 dot GW17773 at brightrain dot aerifal dot cx> <20150917025124 dot GI7224 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <20150917032620 dot GX17773 at brightrain dot aerifal dot cx>
On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 11:26:20PM -0400, Rich Felker wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 12:21:24PM +0930, Alan Modra wrote:
> > On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 10:07:14PM -0400, Rich Felker wrote:
> > > On Fri, Sep 04, 2015 at 09:47:41AM +0930, Alan Modra wrote:
> > > > On Sun, Aug 30, 2015 at 06:18:41PM -0400, Rich Felker wrote:
> > > > > Drafts of this patch were discussed previously in the thread "Adding
> > > > > static-PIE support to binutils". This version adds documentation for
> > > > > the new option.
> > > >
> > > > OK.
> > >
> > > If I write a changelog for this, is that all that's still needed to
> > > get it committed?
> > Yes. I was assuming you could commit the patch yourself. Is that not
> > the case?
> No, I don't have write access to the binutils repo. I don't have any
> past nontrivial patch contributions.
Committed with a small change to ld.texinfo to fix a complaint about
@itemx not following @item.
Australia Development Lab, IBM