This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Add --no-dynamic-linker option to ld, for static PIE use
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Rich Felker <dalias at libc dot org>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 12:21:24 +0930
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add --no-dynamic-linker option to ld, for static PIE use
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150830221841 dot GS7833 at brightrain dot aerifal dot cx> <20150904001741 dot GX24814 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <20150917020714 dot GW17773 at brightrain dot aerifal dot cx>
On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 10:07:14PM -0400, Rich Felker wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 04, 2015 at 09:47:41AM +0930, Alan Modra wrote:
> > On Sun, Aug 30, 2015 at 06:18:41PM -0400, Rich Felker wrote:
> > > Drafts of this patch were discussed previously in the thread "Adding
> > > static-PIE support to binutils". This version adds documentation for
> > > the new option.
> > OK.
> If I write a changelog for this, is that all that's still needed to
> get it committed?
Yes. I was assuming you could commit the patch yourself. Is that not
Australia Development Lab, IBM