This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] opcodes/ppc-opc.c: Add dscr and ctrl SPR mnemonics
- From: Peter Bergner <bergner at vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: Anton Blanchard <anton at samba dot org>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2015 16:45:23 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] opcodes/ppc-opc.c: Add dscr and ctrl SPR mnemonics
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150909164444 dot 57063a26 at kryten> <1441828880 dot 5089 dot 234 dot camel at otta> <20150910073257 dot 48d1474d at kryten>
On Thu, 2015-09-10 at 07:32 +1000, Anton Blanchard wrote:
> It's the privileged vs non privileged SPR split. Bit 4 (counting from
> the LSb, not IBM bit) determines this. SPR 136 is non privileged and
> 152 is privileged. Confusing, but thankfully only a few SPRs have this
> split (PMCs being another).
Ok, that makes sense, so feel free to push your change. Thanks.