This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] opcodes/ppc-opc.c: Add dscr and ctrl SPR mnemonics
- From: Anton Blanchard <anton at samba dot org>
- To: Peter Bergner <bergner at vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 07:32:57 +1000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] opcodes/ppc-opc.c: Add dscr and ctrl SPR mnemonics
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150909164444 dot 57063a26 at kryten> <1441828880 dot 5089 dot 234 dot camel at otta>
> Please move this above the mftid pattern above it. We like to have it
> ordered with newer instructions listed first, so if you use -many in
> your assembler options, we'll use mfdscr instead of mftid.
Thanks, will do.
> Is there a typo in the ISA documentation with the associated SPR
> numbers? All other m[tf]spr instructions use the same SPR number for
> both the mtspr and mfspr instructions, except this one.
It's the privileged vs non privileged SPR split. Bit 4 (counting from
the LSb, not IBM bit) determines this. SPR 136 is non privileged and
152 is privileged. Confusing, but thankfully only a few SPRs have this
split (PMCs being another).