This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PING: Re: [PATCH 3/3] ld: Extend options for altering orphan handling behaviour.
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Andrew Burgess <andrew dot burgess at embecosm dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2015 16:50:13 +0100
- Subject: Re: PING: Re: [PATCH 3/3] ld: Extend options for altering orphan handling behaviour.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150904215148 dot GF11852 at embecosm dot com>
The patch is approved - please apply - but ... please could you also add an
entry in the ld/NEWS file mentioning the new/updated feature ?
I had this in the patch:
diff --git a/ld/NEWS b/ld/NEWS
index f9ef88d..864384b 100644
@@ -6,7 +6,11 @@
* New command line option for ELF targets to compress DWARF debug
-* Add --warn-orphan option to report orphan sections.
+* New command line option, --orphan-handling=[place|warn|error|discard], to
+ adjust how orphan sections are handled. The default is 'place' which gives
+ the current behaviour, 'warn' and 'error' issue a warning or error
+ respectively when orphan sections are found, and 'discard' will discard all
+ orphan sections.
Is this enough, or is something more required? If more is needed I am
happy to write it.
No - just buy me some new glasses so that I can actually read patch
submissions properly! Sorry about the noise.