This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PING: Re: [PATCH 3/3] ld: Extend options for altering orphan handling behaviour.
- From: Andrew Burgess <andrew dot burgess at embecosm dot com>
- To: nickc at redhat dot com
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2015 22:51:48 +0100
- Subject: Re: PING: Re: [PATCH 3/3] ld: Extend options for altering orphan handling behaviour.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Thanks for the review. I pushed the patch, however,
* Nick Clifton <firstname.lastname@example.org> [2015-09-03 15:30:51 +0100]:
> The patch is approved - please apply - but ... please could you also add an
> entry in the ld/NEWS file mentioning the new/updated feature ?
I had this in the patch:
> diff --git a/ld/NEWS b/ld/NEWS
> index f9ef88d..864384b 100644
> --- a/ld/NEWS
> +++ b/ld/NEWS
> @@ -6,7 +6,11 @@
> * New command line option for ELF targets to compress DWARF debug
> sections, --compress-debug-sections=[none|zlib|zlib-gnu|zlib-gabi].
> -* Add --warn-orphan option to report orphan sections.
> +* New command line option, --orphan-handling=[place|warn|error|discard], to
> + adjust how orphan sections are handled. The default is 'place' which gives
> + the current behaviour, 'warn' and 'error' issue a warning or error
> + respectively when orphan sections are found, and 'discard' will discard all
> + orphan sections.
Is this enough, or is something more required? If more is needed I am
happy to write it.