This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: building Binutils on OpenVMS
- From: Douglas B Rupp <rupp at adacore dot com>
- To: "Custin, Jay (CSC Sw Middleware)" <jay dot custin at hp dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2015 11:52:15 -0700
- Subject: Re: building Binutils on OpenVMS
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <E28CC2B9F83DFE47849E0BCC7EB2BD6E9093FE3D at G9W0725 dot americas dot hpqcorp dot net>
Native building has undoubtedly bit rotted, only cross and cross-native
On 09/04/2015 11:28 AM, Custin, Jay (CSC Sw Middleware) wrote:
Has ANYONE successfully built a version Binutils on an OpenVMS/Integrity system released in the last 4-5 years??? I have had no success at all. I did get 2.14 to build (with some manual editing of files), but 2.20.x - 2.25.1 all fail (epically) despite correcting some obvious errors in the build procedure (files missing, file names incorrect, etc.).