This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH ARC 8/8] OPCODE: new ARC port
- From: Claudiu Zissulescu <claziss at gmail dot com>
- To: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2015 18:20:48 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH ARC 8/8] OPCODE: new ARC port
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55E86BDA dot 9030902 at gmail dot com> <55E9BAFD dot 4020606 at redhat dot com>
On 04/09/15 17:38, Nick Clifton wrote:
> Hi Claudiu,
> This worries me:
> + /* Always read second word in case of limm we ignore the result
> + since last insn may not have a limm. */
> + status = (*info->read_memory_func) (memaddr + insnLen, buffer, 4, info);
> Does this mean that it is possible to read past the end of
> instruction buffer ? If so that would trigger a memory access failure,
> especially if sanitization has been enabled.
You are right, I missed this aspect when I did the port. I will change the reading of the long immediate to be conditionally.