This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH ARC 8/8] OPCODE: new ARC port
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2015 16:38:37 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH ARC 8/8] OPCODE: new ARC port
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55E86BDA dot 9030902 at gmail dot com>
This worries me:
+ /* Always read second word in case of limm we ignore the result
+ since last insn may not have a limm. */
+ status = (*info->read_memory_func) (memaddr + insnLen, buffer, 4, info);
Does this mean that it is possible to read past the end of
instruction buffer ? If so that would trigger a memory access failure,
especially if sanitization has been enabled.
+static void create_map (unsigned char *block,
+ unsigned long length)
Formatting - the function name should be placed at the start of the
next line, rather than on the same line as the type. This applies to
several functions in the patch, not just to create_map().
Apart from that though this part of the patch looks fine.