Re: Resolving symbols in dependent libraries

On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 2:16 AM, Andreas Schwab <schwab@suse.de> wrote:

> Cary Coutant <ccoutant@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > In Solaris, you could do this by making a.so a filter library,
> > re-exporting the symbol B from b.so.
>
> Is that the same as ld --filter?

Alan suggested --copy-dt-needed-entries, and that works when specified
when linking the executable, but I'd like to stick something in the
library a.so so that things just work without forcing the library user
to resort to linker magic.  On OSX I can use -reexport-l b. Is there
an equivalent on LInux or something that might get me there another
way?  Is there some way I can reexport the symbols in b.so in a.so?

Not sure how Linux --filter helps.  Maybe I'm just not sure how to use it.

Thanks,

--
Andrew Bell
andrew.bell.ia@gmail.com