This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Use stable sort for ld -r relocs
- From: Michael Matz <matz at suse dot de>
- To: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 12:23:57 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: Use stable sort for ld -r relocs
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150826140258 dot GB24814 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <alpine dot LSU dot 2 dot 20 dot 1508261648230 dot 30229 at wotan dot suse dot de> <20150826151752 dot GC24814 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
On Thu, 27 Aug 2015, Alan Modra wrote:
> I don't believe this is sufficient. You need to also set up an array of
> pointers to the elements, and sort with a level of indirection for this
> to work.
Yeah, you need to compare the addresses of elements before sorting
started, not the current ones during sorting. *head* -> *desk*