This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH/AARCH64] Add ThunderX T88 pass1 -mpcu option
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at gmail dot com>
- To: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 18:35:58 +0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH/AARCH64] Add ThunderX T88 pass1 -mpcu option
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CA+=Sn1mfBv=b7nF3sR4bTgf7-ktJ7k3a0z1RhAu0N81gQomr-w at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAFqB+PyedchPySYmOMOfoY_=yfZDsB5cZB+zpin4gXp64caEhg at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 12:33 AM, Marcus Shawcroft
> On 19 August 2015 at 12:05, Andrew Pinski <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> ThunderX T88 pass 1.x does not include ARMv8.1 support but all
>> future ThunderX (including T88 pass 2) does so we need an option to
>> distinguish the two. Note ThunderX is family of processors and they
>> all have very similar cores (just errata fixes) which have different
>> part numbers so having a different -mcpu= for each of those processors
>> does not make sense.
>> ok? Build and tested on aarch64-linux-gnu with no regressions.
>> * config/tc-aarch64.c (aarch64_cpus):
>> Add thunderxt88pass1.
>> * doc/c-aarch64.texi: Document that thunderxt88pass1
>> is a valid processor name.
> OK... assuming that in light of James G's proposed patch to have gcc
> pass -march rather than -mcpu
> https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2015-08/msg01106.html you still
> want to land this patch...
No I don't need this patch any more. I submitted this patch right
before James G.'s patch was submitted upstream.